Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 46- Thursday, May 19
Read- Alma 17-18
Mark- Alma 17:2-3
Quote- "Fasting can help us overcome personal flaws and sins. It can help us overcome our weakness--help them become strengths. Fasting can help us become more humble, less prideful, less selfish, and more concerned about the needs of others. It can help us see more clearly our own mistakes and weaknesses and help us be less prone to criticize others...Throughout the scriptures the term fasting is usually combined with prayer...Fasting without prayer is just going hungry for 24 hours. But fasting combined with prayer brings increased spiritual power." ~Elder Carl B. Pratt
Question- What experience have you had with fasting?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not so great in this area. I think I can count on one hand how many times I have fasted a complete two meal fast. Like dinner and then breakfast or breakfast and lunch. It seems like I can never get away from food that long, {since I'm always preparing it for others and then I end up tasting something to see if it is just right--ugh I broke my fast again!!} Anyway I have had some wonderful cleansing, healing, peace giving fasts and I have been revelated to from fasts. So I know there are wonderful blessings that come from fasting. As it says in Alma 17:3 "they had given themselves to much prayer and fasting, therefore they had the spirit of prophecy and revelation and they taught with power and authority of God". So we can too if we exercise faith.

    ReplyDelete