Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 68- Friday, June 10
Read-Helaman 1-3
Mark-Helaman 3:35
Quote-"If Satan can succeed in creating in us the pastime of arguing, quarreling, and contention, it is easier for him to bind us with heavier sins which can destroy our eternal lives." ~Elder Marvin J. Ashton
Question-How can you avoid contention in your family and in other relationships?

This question is so hard for me to answer. I have such a hard time not getting angry at my kids when they disobey me and when the fight with each other. I have to take a deep breath and say a quick prayer that I can stay calm and not overreact. This moment of contention is just a moment and it will pass, but if I get angry and yell or lash out then the Spirit leaves me as well and that contentious spirit stays with me. What do you do to avoid contention?

No comments:

Post a Comment