Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 81-Wednesday, June 22
Read-3 Nephi 13-16
Mark-3 Nephi 15:21, 24
Quote-"Aren't we rather prone to see the limitations and weaknesses of our neighbors? Yet that is contrary to the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ...If we have the spirit of fault finding...that never comes as the result of the companionship of the Spirit of our Heavenly Father and is always harmful." ~President George Albert Smith
Question- The Savior gave teachings to the Nephites similar to the sermon on the Mount. He warned not to judge. What helps you to always look for the best in others and not be critical?

I have always had a hard time not judging others. I found that as I pray for the Spirit and actively seek it throughout the day I lose the desire to criticize others. As I seek to see people as our Heavenly Father sees them and love them as He does then it becomes easier to not judge them and to see the good in them. As I get older I realize that everyone's challenges and situations are different and they are different for a reason it becomes easier to be empathetic to others. Heavenly Father creates a mortal experience that is unique to each of His children so that they can have the trials, challenges and lessons that they need to become like Him. Heavenly Father knows what we each need and we don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment